Saturday, November 24, 2012

Don't even know what home is anymore.

It's been a long and fun week, but I am exhausted and I am ready to get back to my life. Going back to Kansas made me realize some really surprising and good things about where I am right now. Yeah, I miss my friends like crazy and I've never felt better than when I was at the Sandbar with all of my best friends and things felt comfortable again. And when I went out with my other group of friends it felt so good to be back with the same group who I spent all of my time with right before I moved. Being back in Lawrence and knowing all of the shortcuts and not dealing with traffic felt so good. And being able to hang out with my brother and sister, and spend time with my parents is something I have seriously missed the past four months so it was so good to be back with them. Everything was like it was back in July and it felt warming and I was extremely happy.

But the week went on and now it's Saturday and I leave for the airport in thirty minutes and I can't help but be a little anxious and excited to get back. Being away from LA made me realize that I have things to look forward to out there. I miss my roommates and just sitting on the couch watching some stupid reality show. I miss the friends that I've made and I can't wait to hang out with them again. And you know, I miss that one someone. Oh, and Louie. I can't wait to be back with my handsome guy.

So I'm ready to get back and be back in the swing of things. I wore myself out coming home, cramming  something to do in each possible second. I don't know how much sleep I actually got while back here, but it wasn't much. And I'm feeling the effect that has had because I'm super tired.

Initially I was afraid to come home because I thought it was going to be so hard and almost impossible to go back to LA. But coming home turned out to be really great because it made me realize I like LA a little more than I realized. So I thought I'd type this up really quick before I take off so that when I'm back in LA and the homesickness sets in, I can remember how this feels: to miss LA.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment