Monday, November 26, 2012

I'm 23

It's my birthday, the anniversary of the day of my birth, today and I'm now 23 years old which means I'm still younger than my dog but I act older because I have thumbs. Or something like that. I have no idea how that sentence ended up taking that turn but it has and we shall go forward because it is my birthday and I can cry if I want to but, like, I wouldn't want to cry so I'll just interpret that as I can do whatever the fuck I want. I'm not sure that's how that works but again, I will continue to do whatever I want because it is my birthday.

For those of you new to my life, or just somehow unaware, I am a little bit obsessed with my birthday. Some people say Thanksgiving or Halloween or Christmas is their favorite holiday, but mine will forever be my birthday. Because it is my holiday. The day all about me.

Some of you may not know this because I've been a bit low key with my birthday this year. There was no countdown (there's ALWAYS A COUNTDOWN), I didn't ask for anything this year, I wasn't running around telling everyone it was my birthday, and hardly anyone even knew (I almost went all day at work without anyone knowing). But just know that on the inside I'm all IT'S MY BIRTHDAY WHY AREN'T PEOPLE FREAKING OUT IT'S MY DAAAAYYYY.

I had a few hours in between my first and second shifts at work, so after I picked up Louie from his dog hotel, I went to dinner with my roommates. It was really fun because usually when we go out it's trivia night at the bar I work at and we go with another friend of ours. But this time it was just the three of us having good food and laughing and it was the perfect way to spend my day.

And then I came home from work to find that A had gone out to get me a cake, and even had a nice setup going. I literally had time for one bite of that cake before running out the door to go back to work at 10.

Then at work I got to drink and eat for free while I hung out with the very cool people I work with while cleaning up the bar a little bit. But now it's almost 2am and I am exhausted. I have the day off tomorrow so I'm going to be catching up on the DVR and then celebrating my birthday the way it should be celebrated: not worrying about work, and drinking with friends.

Happy birthday to me.

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment