Saturday, November 17, 2012

How many jobs can one girl have?

I've been, like, busy or something lately.

It sounds crazy to say but I've been working a lot. And I don't mean I've been putting a lot of hours in on some job. I've been juggling interning on a set ~3 times a week, working two different catering jobs, starting two new serving jobs (and ultimately only keeping one), and then working as a PA for a TV show. And then somehow I've been finding some time to keep up with TV shows, write jokes, and blog a little bit.

But things have now calmed down. Yesterday was my last day on the TV show, today was my last day interning on set (after three very long months, where I was working five days a week in the beginning) and I'll be taking some days off to go home for Thanksgiving. And because things tend to just work out for me, once I get back to LA I'll probably be jumping into another internship.

During all of these jobs, I've also been dealing with some homesickness and emotions or something. It hasn't been easy in LA which is partly to blame for me not keeping up with this blog, because I didn't feel funny. And the first posts on this site were some writing I was actually proud of and I didn't want to tarnish that with some emotional talk about how I miss home and hate traffic and the emotional tailspin I've been going through regarding One Direction. Then somewhere along the way I just started to get so busy that I didn't really have time to think about how I was sad and that led to just not really being all that sad. And, you know, I met people.

So if it wasn't almost three in the morning and I didn't have to be up at 5:30 in the morning I would tell you a story about something that happened but it is almost three in the morning and I do have to be up in two and a half hours so I'm going to say goodnight and I'm going to promise there's a good, more substantial, update coming soon. Just in case you've missed knowing everything about me, you weirdo.
What more do you want to know? I already texted you what I ate for dinner tonight. We need to take this slowly if it's going to work out. I really just hate to jump into things too quickly, that never turns out well for the other person. Text me tomorrow so I don't have to guess what you had for breakfast, okay?

-A

No comments:

Post a Comment